Aesthetically pleasing lift without the need for surgery.
Over time our skin loosens and becomes droopy, creating unwanted lines, wrinkles, and creases. NovaThreads is an effective and safe treatment option for correcting sagging skin that occurs with age.
NovaThreads are sutures that are made from a biocompatible material called PDO (polydioxanone), designed for safe re-absorption by the body.
By inducing controlled healing underneath the skin, NovaThreading encourages and supports the healthy and natural “v-shape” of the face by carefully lifting tissue and repositioning the skin where the “v-shape” has been lost.
How it works:
- The treatment generally takes less than an hour.
- Needles that are pre-loaded with PDO (polydioxanone) threads, and are inserted in the interstitial tissue at sub-dermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin. The same PDO threads used in NovaThreading are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open heart surgery); it is one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- The needles remain underneath the skin
- NovaThreads utilizes selective inflammatory response, the principle behind aesthetic procedures such as fractional laser, chemical peels, and Micro Needling. Our skin can repair itself very well’ by inserting Nova Threads, we encourage it to heal by creating new collagen naturally. The new collagen will form around the sutures as the body works to break them down over the course of 4-6 months. For the best results, the treatment can be repeated after 4-6 weeks for improved results.
NovaThreads can be inserted almost anywhere where you would like more lifting, though they are especially effective in the neck and jawline. The upper and middle areas of the face can be treated more effectively with Botox and dermal fillers: whereas the lower part of the face can be effectively treated with NovaThreads.
*Optimal results can be achieved when combining NovaThread procedure with dermal fillers; results are expected to last longer when combining treatments.
Types of NovaThread lifts:
***Both achieve lifting results, the best method for the patient depends on the patient’s current skin quality and desired results.
This technique consists of creating a sort of “mesh net” underneath the skin. This is done by inserting two sutures vertically and three sutures horizontally; this creates a look similar to a hashtag “#”, which will be the foundation for the new collagen production. Collagen will grow around this area, and after 4-6 months the sutures will be absorbed and new collagen will remain.
This method produces more immediate and drastic results than the previous method. The PDO sutures used for this technique have “barbs” or “cogs”, providing a strong drip technique underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted similar to that of the NovaMesh method.
Results and Recovery:
- Patients will be able to notice instant skin tightening and lifting immediately after the procedure
- Little downtime
- Mild swelling and bruising for a few days, though it will go down on its own
- Sutures will dissolve on its own after about 4-6 months
- Any discomfort can be reduced by taking Tylenol or Advil
- Results are long lasting
Different thread textures provide different results. The different textures:
- Barbed threads: helps to lift up the skin
- Coiled Threads: helps to plump the skin
- Smooth Threads: stimulates more collagen to be produced